Sunday 14 October 2012

Why I love Paloma Faith

13:27 Posted by Unknown , No comments
Paloma Faith is THAT sound that you just have to love. Out of all my idols, Paloma Faith is no. 1, why?
It is very easy for me to say what it is about Paloma Faith that I love because there is so much I could say. Firstly, she is a genuine artist, she has come up all the way from the bottom to success and she hasn't done it for the fame and fortune either. She has done it because performing is what she loves.


Another point to make is that she isn't scared to be different. I don't think a month goes by when she's not in the magazines for doing/wearing something eccentric. Her music is also very different, I know she is influenced by Billie Holliday and Etta James and that really comes through in her song writing (especially her debut album "Do You Want The Truth Or Something Beautiful?") .

Something I really love is that she doesn't just sing, she performs. I've seen her twice now and both times she hasn't just sat there and sang, she has interacted with the audience. The first time I saw her, she picked out a little boy from the audience and sang "Romance is Dead" holding his hand for the whole song. The second time, she sat on the piano and sang "Just Be" and went into massive detail on what the song was about. She has a real connection with her audience and is unbelievable live.

I find that a massive thing for Paloma, is her songs. She hasn't had them written for her, she writes about real situations and her life. Both her albums have been like mini autobiographies giving the listener a real insight into her life. Her songs have a real affect on the listener, every single song she has recorded means a different thing to me whether it is heartbreak or amazing memories, there is always a song to suit your mood.

Over the past few years, Paloma Faith has been a key member of the group of musicians who have influenced how I perform and live my life. If it wasn't for Paloma, I don't think I would have the confidence to be able to stand on a stage and perform. She really is my idol.

Here is the link to her latest single, "Never Tear Us Apart" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCYtesyE7OA

0 comments:

Post a Comment