Wednesday 9 July 2014

Thank you NHS!

Just a quick note - I have just got off the phone to my Gran who had to go in for bloody tests today at Ayr Hospital. She's been under the weather and they have been taking precautions in case something is the matter. When I spoke to her today she was so happy, it was like a weight had been lifted off of her and that once again she was the happy and chatty Gran I know and love. She said this was down to the wonderful service she received at the hospital and how they went out of their way to make her comfortable and stop her from being so worried. She was told it was likely nothing serious and came away feeling a lot happier. Just talking to her raised my mood so much and now I can't wait to see her in a few weeks when we go up to Scotland on holiday. Afterwards I spoke to Grandpa who again was astounded by the service they had received. Eventually, I said to him: "God bless the NHS!" and he couldn't agree more.

In my own experiences, I am currently receiving counselling for anxiety which I have developed through various events in my life. I was referred to counselling by my GP and am receiving it through the NHS. After my first session, I went on Twitter and saw the NHA Party's tweets. This got me thinking - what if this wasn't here? Although I can (to an extent) control how anxious I feel, there are times it gets too much and I go into huge panics which have caused me to take days off school and become very very tired. I am going through a bad spell at the minute which is why I haven't been posting all that regularly. Without the help I am currently getting (for free), I would be a wreck and it makes me sad that in places around the world (like America) where people either have to go without or pay horrible prices to receive it.

What is awful is that the NHS is facing privatisation and the Tories are wanting to start charging us "small sums" to use the service in order to relieve waiting lists. To me, the NHS is the only thing the people have left in this country and we should do everything in our power to keep it that way. This is why I am participating in the People's March for the NHS as it comes through my town on September 1st. I urge all those who want the NHS to stay in our hands to do the same.

#march4nhs

Click here to go to 999 Call for the NHS's website and sign up for the march.

Follow them on Twitter too!

Follow me on Twitter!

What has the NHS done for you? Leave me a comment!

0 comments:

Post a Comment